Team Somerset is developing its 2019 Junior Team. Please indicate your interest on the membership form.
Pre Sandy Hook TT meeting for the Junior team this Thursday, April 4th at the Readington Middle School. Plan on getting underway at 5:30 PM. I intend to review time trial starts and turns. Also, I will conduct a one kilometer time trial to establish a baseline. There will be a warm up session before the tt and, if time permits, a short ride after. Parents welcome to do the TT.
Keeping in mind that it is still April be sure legs and arms are covered. Anyone without legs and arms covered will not be allowed to participate. One water bottle will be sufficient.
Scheduled training dates:
- April 4, 2019 - TT
- April 11, 2019 - Cornering
- April 18, 2019 - Paceline
- April 25, 2019 - Sprinting
R.S.V.P. Coach Joe Saling
Our mission is to promote recreational cycling and competition
in young adults through our formal development and racing
programs for junior riders.
The junior development and racing programs have a multi-fold
purpose and vision:
- Ensure the long-term future of the sport of bicycle racing in
the United States by promoting fitness cycling and competition in
- Provide a structured development program (riding skills,
training, and racing) which is easy to follow for juniors and
- Provide a coached learning experience in a relaxed
- Promote the physical fitness and well being of children and
teens through the sport of cycling
- Create an enviroment of teamwork, winning spirit and positive
- Promote life skills, such as work ethic, focusing on goals,
mental fortitude, etc
- Develop the technical knowledge of the bicycle, proper bike
fit, bike handling, safe riding in traffic and rural area
- Develop basic knowledge of exercise physiology and sports
nutrition for maximum performance
- Basic and advanced competition skills including drafting,
blocking, sprinting , breakaway, team tactics and race day